Owning Wednesday

Owning Wednesday - Annabel Joseph This was a frustrating read for me. On the one hand, you've got moments like this:But just before she came, the man fucking stopped. She actually sobbed then. “Daniel, no! Please! Please don’t do this to me. You’ll kill me.” “Kill you? ‘Here lies Wednesday, total drama queen.’ I’ll visit every week and leave butt plugs on your grave.” Just about the only thing rarer than a negative pregnancy test in romance is humor and playfulness in BDSM scenes, and I loved that this book went there. It was a unique D/s relationship between two individuals. It even eschewed the collar. Instead, Wednesday wore garters and stockings when their D/s dynamic was "on." But, on the other hand, the book is 90% sex scene and 10% Wednesday and Daniel hurting each other with their actions. I like sex as much as the next girl, but if it's not advancing the plot, I'm bored rather quickly. A lot of it felt gratuitous. And Wednesday and Daniel? While I appreciated that she had a backbone and stood up to Daniel's obsessive, controlling behaviors, I never felt that the problems were ever resolved. By the end, they still appeared to me as two insecure people mindfucking each other.So, this one was a mixed bag. I'm being generous by tagging it at 3*, I think.