Happily Ever After in the West: Whirlwind RedemptionThe Maverick and Miss PrimTexas Cinderella (Harlequin Historical)

Happily Ever After in the West: Whirlwind RedemptionThe Maverick and Miss PrimTexas Cinderella - Debra Cowan, Lynna Banning, Judith Stacy Whirlwind RedemptionWoefully undeveloped and over-told story where cardboard characters act out a cliched plot. Also, the cripple hero stands up and walks after spinal surgery, in the 1880s. No. Just, no. 1*The Maverick and Miss PrimThe plot is nothing original. The schoolchildren are undeveloped plot moppets who sense the "natural goodness" in the rough-looking hero. The author's voice, however, manages to take the road well-traveled and make it seem new. I loved the hero and heroine and enjoyed their interactions so much that it wasn't until the story ended that I was like "Hey, wait a minute, that was all really silly!" So, good on her. I'll be looking for her name on future books. 3 1/2*Texas CinderellaThe author's voice was good, the characters had tangible, distinct personalities and there was great sexual tension. The plot, however, rests entirely on a misunderstanding that is quite clear to the reader and could have been cleared up in an instant if the heroine asked a simple question. Can't abide plots like that. 2*